How to Apply
Come join the TDA team.
TDA has a position open for a Mechanical Engineering Technician. The ideal candidate would have a high school diploma or GED and five years or more of relevant work experience in an industry or R&D environment. Additional training or trade skills are desirable.
The Mechanical Engineering Technician will work with project leaders and engineers to assemble and troubleshoot equipment. Preferred skills include:
- Plumbing – gas and liquid
- Electrical wiring
- General assembly
- Basic knowledge of chemistry
- Familiarity with safety procedures
The Mechanical Engineering Technician will:
- Install, calibrate and maintain equipment.
- Electrically/mechanically troubleshoot and maintain both new and existing laboratory equipment (autoclaves, pumps, ovens, chillers, mixers).
- Assist with all laboratory moves and new equipment installations
- Under general supervision, calibrate various lab tools and instruments (for example, mass flow controllers, thermocouples, data loggers.)
- Document records of inspections, maintenance activity, repairs, and other work performed.
- Convey complex information clearly and concisely.
- Perform other duties as assigned
The candidate should be able to drive a fork truck and TDA vehicles, and to use a pallet jack. The technician may be required to work with a variety of hazardous materials, such as compressed gases, cryogenic liquids, acids, bases, oxidizers, solvents, vacuum pump oils, and other hazardous chemicals. The technician will receive specialized safety training and be an active member of the safety and spill teams. The technician will travel between sites in a personal vehicle.
- Ability to lift 40 pounds.
- Ability to sit, stand, or kneel for extended periods of time.
- Ability to ascend and descend stairs and ladders
TDA carries out R&D in developing prototype devices, catalysis and adsorption, aerospace components, and personal protective equipment. TDA’s objective is to carry out research that leads to commercial products, several products that are the result of our research have gone into production or large-scale use, and others are nearing commercialization. TDA carries out work in a wide variety of areas, and virtually all staff work on two or three projects simultaneously. Therefore, an ability to learn quickly is essential.
To apply, please follow this link: https://tdaresearch.applytojob.com/apply/6tf4QF1SfU/Mechanical-Engineering-Technician?source=TDA+Website